Saturday, December 27, 2014

Comic Fiesta 2014


Murali invited me to be his cosplay partner for Comic Fiesta 2014 and I, as a person who likes to try something new and different every now and then agreed.

He then told me that he planned to cosplay Wolverine and wished for me to cosplay Yukio, the female ninja who acted as Wolverine's bodyguard, which I did not quite agreed to initially because I don't like Yukio's appearance. I don't like the red and white long sleeved top she wore, it looked clownish. I don't like her fringe, it looked comical.

But Murali was a very nice and sporting cosplayer, and I'm not just saying it because he loaned me his katana and his student's boots, even though I must admit that had contributed to my gratitude. I told him about my concerns and he said he was okay if I do not want to trim my wig because for him, cosplay is supposed to be fun, and if I think trimming the wig kills the fun, then what's the point of cosplaying?

Which I agreed wholeheartedly to. Of course it later saddened me because no one recognised who I was cosplaying - some thought I was Black Widow, which is not a bad thing actually since that was initially what Murali and I planned - and I wished I had trimmed my wig no matter how much I hate that hairstyle but when I look at the picture I was glad that I didn't.

I like what I see in the picture. A little improvisation (well, maybe not that little) in the name of fun.




And now that I have a red wig, maybe I should consider cosplaying all the redheaded characters that I like : Sally from Nightmare before Christmas, Ranma Saotome (female version) from Ranma 1/2, Ariel from The Little Mermaid (maybe not in mermaid form even though the idea is tempting) and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment